California Vacation!!
I know that everyone is probably interested in my weight progress, but I'm going to delay that for my next posting...sometime in mid April.
Today, I want to talk about my trip to Paso Robles, California! Yes, you heard me right, I'm taking another trip to California. I bought my ticket back in early January (when I thought I had a semi-permanent position with a local temp service), and it will cost just as much to cancel it as it was to purchase the initial ticket, so I've decided that I will go. I must say, I'm really looking forward to it, as I haven't been there in 3 years. Mom is also going with me, so it will be a nice bonding moment for us as well. This trip I'm hoping to do a little more sight seeing though.
I will be leaving my house on Monday evening 4/7, picking mom up, and spending the night in Columbus, near the air port and flying out of Columbus on 4/8 and flying into LAX. We will be coming home on 4/17, so it will be a nice long trip! I can't wait! In fact each time I talk to Amy, as the time gets closer, I ask her if she is at the airport yet ready to pick me up.
This trip, I want to go the beach again (it was either in San Simeon or Cambria) and see the sea lions. They were there last time too, there were 100's of them, and they are so neat. I know that Amy is going to take us to a winery, I don't care which one, I just want to go for the experience. Oh yeah right, who am I kidding, I want to taste the wine too!!!!
We are going to go to Hearst Castle. I understand that it is breath taking, and I can't wait to see a pool lined with golden tiles! Can you even imagine?! What a sin for someone to have to live that way, huh?!
I would like to take a day or 2 and go to San Francisco, but I'm not sure if that will get done or not. I would like to see Fisherman's Warf, and the Docks. I would also like to spend a day or 2 in Los Angeles. I would love to just see the strip, if nothing else.
All in all though, I'm just plan excited to get out of Dodge for a while! Even if I do nothing, at least I will be in good company, as Amy and her "Guys" are always fun to be around, and there is hardly ever a dull moment.
I might even look for a job out there, what the heck right?! I may just stumble on the right job and not come back to Ohio for a while. I doubt it, but you just never know, stranger things have been known to happen, right?!
I will take lots of pictures, and post some of them as well. I'm not sure if I will take my computer or not yet, time will tell. If I do, I will do a post while I'm there, if not, well...then it will just have to wait until I'm home and find a free moment.
Bye for now!
Today, I want to talk about my trip to Paso Robles, California! Yes, you heard me right, I'm taking another trip to California. I bought my ticket back in early January (when I thought I had a semi-permanent position with a local temp service), and it will cost just as much to cancel it as it was to purchase the initial ticket, so I've decided that I will go. I must say, I'm really looking forward to it, as I haven't been there in 3 years. Mom is also going with me, so it will be a nice bonding moment for us as well. This trip I'm hoping to do a little more sight seeing though.
I will be leaving my house on Monday evening 4/7, picking mom up, and spending the night in Columbus, near the air port and flying out of Columbus on 4/8 and flying into LAX. We will be coming home on 4/17, so it will be a nice long trip! I can't wait! In fact each time I talk to Amy, as the time gets closer, I ask her if she is at the airport yet ready to pick me up.
This trip, I want to go the beach again (it was either in San Simeon or Cambria) and see the sea lions. They were there last time too, there were 100's of them, and they are so neat. I know that Amy is going to take us to a winery, I don't care which one, I just want to go for the experience. Oh yeah right, who am I kidding, I want to taste the wine too!!!!
We are going to go to Hearst Castle. I understand that it is breath taking, and I can't wait to see a pool lined with golden tiles! Can you even imagine?! What a sin for someone to have to live that way, huh?!
I would like to take a day or 2 and go to San Francisco, but I'm not sure if that will get done or not. I would like to see Fisherman's Warf, and the Docks. I would also like to spend a day or 2 in Los Angeles. I would love to just see the strip, if nothing else.
All in all though, I'm just plan excited to get out of Dodge for a while! Even if I do nothing, at least I will be in good company, as Amy and her "Guys" are always fun to be around, and there is hardly ever a dull moment.
I might even look for a job out there, what the heck right?! I may just stumble on the right job and not come back to Ohio for a while. I doubt it, but you just never know, stranger things have been known to happen, right?!
I will take lots of pictures, and post some of them as well. I'm not sure if I will take my computer or not yet, time will tell. If I do, I will do a post while I'm there, if not, well...then it will just have to wait until I'm home and find a free moment.
Bye for now!

2 Comments:
At April 24, 2008 at 11:25 PM ,
LeAnn Saltz said...
Just wondering how your birthday trip to California went. Did you move there? LOL Let me know how things are going.
At June 22, 2008 at 7:10 PM ,
Tina Wise said...
LOL, no I haven't moved there YET...but would love to in the future!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home